This Licence Agreement forms the terms and conditions agreed between both parties and supersedes any prior arrangement or understanding between these parties. All future notices or amendments to this Licence will be issued in writing and serve as an addendum to this document.
THE LICENSEE AGREES TO:
1. Rent the premises for the use of vehicle storage at the agreed sum plus VAT (where applicable) and to pay regularly in advance on the due date whether demanded or not.
2. Provide the required written notice in accordance with the Licence Agreement and prior to the termination of the storage arrangement.
3. To settle all outstanding accounts promptly and prior to the vehicle being removed. Failure to do so will result in the vehicle being held until such time as the account is paid which may incur further storage and recovery charges.
4. If removing the vehicle for whatever reason; servicing, holiday use etc. the prevailing rental costs are not abated and remain in full.
5. To provide satisfactory proof of ownership of the vehicle upon commencement of this Licence. If any person other than the registered owner of the vehicle is placing the vehicle in storage, proof of permission will be required from the registered owner that the said person has been authorized. The form of such written permission will require the signature of the registered owner together with proof of ownership.
6. Accept no other shall be authorized to retrieve the vehicle. If a third party does require access to the vehicle, written authorization will be required.
7. Declare to the best of my knowledge that the value of the vehicle is the fair market value at the date of commencement of this Licence.
8. It is the customers responsibility to Insure the vehicle, at the declared value, by securing and maintaining motor vehicle insurance from an Insurer licensed and permitted in the United Kingdom. Insurance should include collision and comprehensive coverage, for any loss or damage occasioned by theft, fire, vandalism, acts of God and collision, accepting full risk and responsibility for insuring the vehicle against any such loss.
9. Provide acceptable evidence of such insurance cover prior to the storage of the vehicle.
10. Withhold permission for the use of the vehicle while In storage with the exception of use for the express purpose of placing the vehicle in storage, cleaning, servicing or retrieving the vehicle from storage.
11. Retrieval and return of the vehicle to storage is possible twice monthly without incurring any additional charges. An inventory charge of £25.00 shall be imposed each time the vehicle is removed from storage is exceeding this condition.
12. The customer is permitted to use the ramp on site for routine maintenance of their vehicle. This does not include major works and anything involving fuel, fuel tanks or welding. These activities are prohibited on site for safety reasons.
13. The customer must only use the ramp when fully conversant with the operating and safety instructions which are provided on site.
14. In the event that a customer is working on their vehicle, it is a requirement for there to be a minimum if 2 people on site.
15. To supply a new trickle charger that is compliant, and safety approved for their vehicle or alternatively agree to pay for a compliant charger to be supplied by The Car Factory. It is accepted for customers that commit to a minimum 12-month term will be provided with a trickle charger free of charge.
16. To supply a high-quality vehicle, cover or alternatively agree to pay for a suitable cover to be supplied by The Car Factory. It is accepted for customers that commit to a minimum 12-month term will be provided with a cover free of charge.
17. No personal/domestic, hazardous, or noxious materials being stored in the vehicle, other than the fuel in the tank.
18. Changes to any fees relating to the storage of the vehicle will be subject to thirty days written notice at the postal address provided by the Licensee.
1A No liability for loss, damage, or destruction of any kind to the vehicle, whether due to collision, fire, theft or otherwise, except any damage directly attributable to negligence whilst stored. If the vehicle is lost, destroyed, or damaged during the term of this Licence and while in storage, and fault or negligence is established with respect to such loss, destruction or damage liability will be limited to the lesser of the fair retail used-car value of the vehicle at the date of this Licence or the value of the vehicle as declared on the commencement of this Licence.
2A No liability for damage due to the faulty mechanical condition of the vehicle or any negligence attributable to the owner or for loss of any articles left in the vehicle, or for the loss of use of the vehicle.
3A The vehicle will be kept in the same condition as at the time of delivery to the storage facility and will be delivered back to the Licensee in the same condition at the termination of the Licence. The vehicle could be maintained by washing/cleaning, oil and water check, battery charging and tyre pressure if and when required while in storage. This will be at an additional cost to be mutually agreed and will only be carried out on licensee’s instruction.
4A Whenever the vehicle is removed or returned to the storage facility it will be inventoried and the owner will be required to sign the necessary inventory documents upon each such removal and return to storage. Identification for any person, including the owner shall be required before retrieval of the vehicle from storage. One complete set of keys is required for vehicle ignition, locking wheel nuts, glove box, vehicle boot.
5A That the vehicle can be retrieved from storage and returned to the storage facility at any time during regular business hours which are between 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday. The vehicle may also be retrieved or returned to storage at other times but only by 24 hours prior arrangement/appointment and charges may apply as follows:
|Sunday/Bank Holidays||24 Hour Access||at £100.00+VAT|